We know that your privacy and the security of your personal information is very important. This section sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us via our website, email or via social media platforms such as Facebook.
You’ll find loads of information here about how we store and process your information, but in case you want to cut to the chase, here’s a few important things you should know;
- You have several rights in relation to your personal information. How you can exercise these rights are set out below.
- We do send direct marketing to you, if you opt in. We do this to encourage sales by sending you information about promotions and new products. You can opt out at any time by contacting us.
- Our website and Facebook pages are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect children’s data.
What information do we hold?
We hold the following information about you;
Information that you provide to us such as;
- Your Address, and the addreses that you ask us to ship to
- Contact telephone number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Social Media Profiles
- Information about the products and services we have provided, such as the things we’ve sent to you, when and how you paid, and how you shopped with us.
- Your account login details, such as your username (email) and hashed password. We will never store your password in plan text on our system.
- Marketing preferences, such as if you are willing to hear from us via email.
- Information about the device you’ve used to access our website, such as your devices make and model number, browser and IP address.
- Information from other sources and specialist companies that provide enhanced customer information such as Royal Mail and social media providers.
The legal basis for holding your information
To hold your personal information, we have to have a “legal basis” to do so. This includes;
- Consent - by providing your details, and agreeing to our terms, you’ve told us that you’re happy for us to process your personal information for specific purposes.
- Fulfilment of contract - We need your personal information to fulfil our end of the deal and complete the contract between us when you order.
- Legitimate interests - The information we hold enables us to trade our business, but never over and above your interest or legal rights.
- Legal obligation - Where we are required to process your information by law.
We may use your information in the following ways;
- To provide our products to you - we will use your information to make our products available to you. If you then decide to order products from us – that’s great – thank you! After that we’ll use your information to fulfil your order.
- To improve our service - we need to understand our customers better to be able to continue to provide a great experience when visiting our sites or social media pages. We’ll use your data to provide personalised offers and discounts, and to optimise our website.
- Contacting you - we’ll use your information to contact you about the progress of your order, respond to a query or issue or ask for feedback.
- Marketing and advertising - we use your personal information to provide relevant promotions materials to you via email and social media. We may also promote other companies and services to you via banners on our websites where appropriate. We may use information that we hold about you to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Analytics - a few of us are massive data geeks, so we may aggregate the data we hold about our customers to produce statistical analysis and profile our users to provide more bespoke offers and services to you.
Our services are hosted within the European Economic Area (EEA) and are therefore protected by the appropriate safeguards set out in law, such as the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (DPA)
We would like to keep you updated with the latest on our amazing range of products and promotions that we think you might be interested in. We’ll do this by email and social media platforms such as Facebook.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you don’t ask us to, but we may still contact you to let you know about service updates.
If you do ask us to opt you out of marketing messages, it might take a few days for us to process – sometimes these things are flying through the interwebs and it might not be possible for us to get them back before they hit your inbox.
You have a number of rights under various data protection regulations. These include;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (to be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Where we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise these rights, please get in touch as detailed in the ‘contact us’ section of this page. When contacting us, we will need to verify your identity until we can fulfil your rights under data protection regulation.
We will never keep your information for any longer than necessary. In most cases this length of time is determined by law.
Our retention period is usually 7 years from the point at which you end your relationship with us.
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. Some of the controls we have in place include;
- The limitation of physical access to computers and systems that hold your personal information.
- Technology controls such as firewalls, user verification techniques and strong data encryption.
- Systems are configured to automatically ‘detect and respond’ to perceived and actual threats.
- Industry ‘good practice’ standards to support the maintenance of robust information security.
- Enforcing a ‘need to know’ policy for access to any of our data or systems.
If you would like, or need to exercise any of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” section, or if you’re just generally curious as to how we hold, store and process your data, please contact us via one of the following means;
- By email [email protected]
9 Fells Paddock